Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Prayer Rugs

So the Teel family has just had our first Family Home Evening. A friend of mine when I was younger had done a project at church where they used carpet samples, stencils, and paint, and decorated rugs to use to kneel on to say prayers. Alyson and Emma are totally in to prayers (they giggle through an entire prayer every time they say one, we also have to have two prayers at dinner because they both want to say one) so I thought it would be a fun family home evening for the girls. Jerame brought home a plastic car cover so we didn't paint the carpet I don't want to paint! We invited out neighbors over (who brought a terrific spice cake) and all the girls went to town! They turned out great so now Emma and Aly (and Lacey but she is too old to show the enthusiasm) are all excited at night when we do our prayers. Here are some pictures of the works in proggress.






2 comments:

Lewieville said...

I love it! I was telling Jake about it and we totally think we are going to do this at some point... probably in like ten years :)

Brittney said...

I love it toooo! What a great idea!