Monday, December 17, 2007

Christmas Recital

Ok so Emma just had her FIRST dance recital. She danced to Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. The biggest problem was getting the antlers to stay on. During dress rehearsal they just kept falling off and she just did what she was supposed to do and kept dancing. But I think she was a little miffed! I know shocking for Emma who has her mother's temper. Yes I admit it! So at the recital I put bobby pins in to hold them on. They stayed for about the first 3 quarters of the dance but then they fell off and I think she may have wanted to stomp on them. But she didn't she just kept dancing. Then the little girl next to her had bigger issues because her antlers fell right in front of her eyes, then got tangled on her costume somehow and kept hitting her in the face as she danced. It was quite amusing. I am going to try to figure out how to download video on here so you can all get the chuckle I got at the expense of someone else's child! Beware, I had Aly on my lap while taping so it is not so great and I say "damn-it" once because she keeps moving. I have issues letting Jerame tape because he won't zoom and doesn't do it the way I want and Aly wouldn't sit on his lap. OK yes I am a control freak.

Now for some more funny business here is a picture of Aly on the potty! She has decided to train herself. I am NOT ready. She is only 20 months old and I thought I had a while until I had to worry about taking her to the store and having to leave everything to run her to the bathroom. Call me lazy but I just finished potty-training about 9 months ago and I want a break. I don't want all the accidents and having to take 0 outfits whenever I go anywhere just in case. But she has decided she wants panties and no more diapers. Traci said I was crazy and that most parents are excited to get rid of diapers. Well Aly actually went all day today (until the recital when I made her where a diaper) without an accident. She will even tell me when she is in a diaper sometimes that she needs to go potty! Well I guess my break is over.

Now an update on our business. We finally got approval and we will be opening in January. Now the stress of the whole thing is setting in. Aaaaahhhhhhh! Wish us luck and I will try to get Emma's video on here.

2 comments:

Lewieville said...

Yeahhhh on the potty, dance and business. I saw the video and it is totally America's Funniest Home Video worthy.

The Fairfield Family of Nevada said...

WHOOOOOHOOOOOOO ALY!!!!!!!! Aunt T is VERY proud of you!!!! Keep up the good work!

WHOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO EMMA!!!!! You looked so cute for your dance recital, and I bet you were the best!!!!!! Next time let me know when the recital is and maybe Aunt T can come up and watch!!!!